Saturday, September 04, 2004

I Pray & I Vote

How much do you want to bet she's voting for Bush. Posted by Hello
Wait just a minute now, doesn't that imply that prayer doesn't work. I mean you have an all powerful god that answers prayers, but you are still going to vote. I mean isn't that just a bit presumptuous. You also have all the religious people that will tell you sometimes god's answer is no. Hey, maybe the answer is no or maybe it just doesn't work at all. The evidence in any case seems sketchy.

So if you pray for your candidate to win and then go vote for him aren't you presuming to know what god wants. You, this mortal human who barley counts as a speck of dust in the vast universe, knows what God (omnipotent being, first cause of all things, the unmoved mover, etc.) wants. Maybe you should just skip the whole voting thing this year. Let god figure it out.

But for those of you who want to do your civic duty might I make a suggestion.



No comments: